Just as things were heating up between Joey and I, my trip to Florida provided a much need respite from the summer heat of St. Louis. It was 112 degrees on my way to the airport. When I landed in Florida, 88 degrees felt like jacket weather.
Here are the highlights:
- A reunion with Scarlet after not seeing her for almost a year. Yay!
- Attending said friend’s 10 year reunion, claiming I invented Post-Its.
- Sangria errry day. A variety of kinds.
- A killer spray tan that made beach time easier to handle.
- Sushi, oysters, and more seafood.
- Fireworks on the beach.
- Megan and Ellen. Although we didn’t stay together, we got to spend some time together outside of home.
- All of this documented via text message and sent to Joey, who wasn’t annoyed by my happiness and encouraged me to relax on the time away.
- I gushed about him to everyone who would listen, probably a little too much.
Lucky for me, I’d get to see him the day I flew back into town, at least for a little bit. Long story short, he offered to be my chauffeur to the airport and keep my car at his house when I received an unexpected and terrifying text claiming Mike was randomly spending time in the city. Having just moved, I didn’t want to leave my car unattended (the original plan) with the sociopath lurking in my neck of the woods. Joey kept my car in his driveway while I enjoyed time with the girls.
He’d be picking me up from the airport so even though I was bummed to leave behind the beach and my best friend, going home didn’t seem so terrible.
***The school year started last Thursday, please be on the lookout for my *weekly* post on Mondays (7a.m. CST).***